Livestock Exchange Building
The Livestock Exchange Building is an 11-story, 209,000 square foot historical building built in 1926 that once served as a headquarters for the Omaha Stockyards and associated businesses. Morrissey Engineering designed the HVAC and electrical systems for a renovation of the building that now contains apartments, commercial offices, conference facilities, ballroom, dining room and basement parking. The HVAC systems consisted of packaged gas-fired rooftop units for the ballroom/dining room spaces, gas-fired furnaces with air-cooled condensing units for the apartments and commercial offices, and a stair tower smoke control system. The electrical systems included an emergency backup generator and fire alarm system.