Join the diverse team of design professionals at Morrissey Engineering and become part of an organization of innovative engineering consultants who design comfortable, efficient, technology-integrated buildings.
Construction Administrator - Mechanical and Electrical
Are you ready to take on a dynamic role with a leading engineering firm? Morrissey Engineering is seeking a talented Construction Administrator to join our team and oversee mechanical and electrical systems for commercial building projects. Candidates may have an emphasis on mechanical systems, electrical systems, or both. If you are a detail-oriented and proactive professional with exceptional problem-solving skills, we want to hear from you!
- Provide oversight and coordination for mechanical and/or electrical systems throughout the construction process of commercial buildings
- Prepare comprehensive site observation reports to ensure compliance with design specifications and industry standards (most of the work is within 200 miles of Omaha Nebraska with limited travel outside this radius on occasion)
- Analyze construction issues and actively contribute to problem-solving, offering creative and effective solutions to address any challenges
- Respond promptly and accurately to information requests from contractors, architects, and other relevant stakeholders
- Manage and process pay applications, change orders, and other construction-related paperwork to ensure accurate and timely payment for project deliverables
- Collaborate with the project team to ensure seamless communication and coordination between different disciplines
- Associate degree or bachelor’s degree in construction management, or a related field, or construction experience equivalency will be considered
- Proven experience in construction administration, specifically related to mechanical and/or electrical systems oversight for commercial buildings
- Strong understanding of industry codes, standards, and systems related to mechanical and/or electrical components in commercial structures
- Proficient in preparing detailed site observation reports, accurately documenting progress, deficiencies, and compliance with project requirements
- Excellent problem-solving skills, with the ability to analyze complex issues and provide practical and innovative solutions
- Highly organized and detail-oriented, with the capacity to manage multiple tasks and priorities while meeting deadlines
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal, to effectively collaborate with various stakeholders and provide prompt responses to information requests
- Proficiency in using construction management software and tools for documentation and communication
Morrissey Engineering is committed to creating an inclusive workplace that values diversity in all its forms. We encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply.
To find out more about joining our team, please send your resume to: email@example.com