Join the diverse team of design professionals at Morrissey Engineering and become part of an organization of innovative engineering consultants who design comfortable, efficient, technology integrated buildings.
Senior Electrical Designer
We are seeking an Electrical Engineer with design, technical, and software skills who will work on and lead the design efforts for a wide range of innovative projects, mentoring staff, and assisting with business development efforts.We are interested in someone who is passionate about energy systems including alternative and renewable energy, energy storage, electric transportation infrastructure, resilience, paralleling generation, medium voltage and the future of energy generation.
Roles and Responsibilities
• Contributing to and managing projects pertaining to: research to support building efficiency and decarbonization,
design and delivery of innovative energy systems, codes and standards development, emerging technology
• Guiding junior staff on a variety of projects ranging from energy masterplans to building and infrastructure design
• Coordinating with a multi-disciplined team throughout a project’s development and construction
• Writing reports for internal and external purposes based on findings
• Presenting technical material in traditional and innovative ways for review by technical and non-technical audiences
• Understanding trends and methodologies in energy, electrical engineering, and sustainability
• Participating in local and regional Professional Associations
• Develop and manage key relationships along with developing business opportunities
• Power distribution for 15KV, 5KV, 480V, 208V systems
• Building load assessments
• Standby generation and uninterruptible power supply systems
• Mission Critical
• Health Care
• Renewable energy systems and energy storage including predicted energy generation and revenue
• Electric Vehicle charging strategy and infrastructure design
• Sustainable building design satisfying regulatory and voluntary codes associated with sustainability and energy
strategy, including a strong interest in Net Zero Carbon design
Morrissey Engineering is a nationally recognized engineering design firm in Omaha, Nebraska. The Firm partners with clients across many industries to provide mechanical, electrical, lighting, and technology design solutions as well as commissioning and sustainability consulting for commercial construction projects. The Firm's unique organizational structure provides opportunity for ownership to those who lead and establish company direction.
To find out more about joining our team, please send your resume to: email@example.com