Morrissey Engineering is one of the most experienced and progressive LEED consulting engineering firms in the Midwest. Our LEED professionals specialize in designing and retrofitting high performance buildings that maximize energy efficiency and utilize environmentally-friendly components.
Our experienced staff designed our 4940 building, which earned the first LEED® Platinum certification in Nebraska in 2009. We have designed and consulted on numerous other LEED building projects in Nebraska and the Midwest.
LEED professionals compose more than 75 percent of our staff and all of our production staff are LEED APs. This depth of experience, along with the expertise and know-how gained from designing, documenting and continuously monitoring our own building, uniquely qualifies us to provide you designs that meet the industry’s highest level of operational efficiencies, environmental performance and customer satisfaction. Our building designs also achieve a balance between aesthetics and functionality that provide inspiring environments for people to live and work.
MEI is a proud member of the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC), a yearly sponsor of the local USGBC Nebraska Flatwater Chapter and an ENERGY STAR Partner.
Morrissey Engineering is one of the most knowledgeable and progressive engineering firms in the state when it comes to sustainable design. We have experience in a variety of LEED rating systems and are prepared to assist you with your LEED project whether it is new construction, an existing building, addition/remodel, core and shell or commercial interior project. Read more about LEED and our LEED Platinum-certified building.
Our LEED and green building consulting services include:
- Assistance with providing attainable targets for LEED certification or sustainable design features
- A depth of experience on previous LEED projects in various rating systems
- Design team guidance through the certification process
- Management of all communications with USGBC and GBCI for project registration and certification
- Feedback and advice prior to submittal to help avoid requested clarifications or appeals
- Completion of building energy modeling for LEED certification