Join the diverse team of design professionals at Morrissey Engineering and become part of an organization of innovative engineering consultants who design comfortable, efficient, technology integrated buildings.
Morrissey Engineering is seeking a Lighting Designer for commercial buildings using Revit and other software tools. The successful candidate will collaborate with Engineering Principals and Project Managers to develop creative solutions for interior and exterior spaces often working directly with architects, interior designers, and building owners.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Conceptualize lighting concepts and develop design presentations
- Implement lighting designs, including but not limited to: luminaire selection, lighting calculations and rendering, lighting controls design, documentation using Revit
- Interact with other design professionals to fully coordinate lighting designs
- Review shop drawings and other construction correspondence
- Visit job sites for field investigation
- Bachelor’s degree in Architectural Engineering specializing in Lighting Design or closely related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in architectural lighting design
- Passion for design with strong visual abilities
- Proficiency with Autodesk Revit, Autodesk 3ds Max, Adobe Creative Suite, AGi32
- Preference given to candidates with an interest in sustainable design and proficiency with Climate Studio and Rhino/Grasshopper.
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of design
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Self-motivated, engaged, and able to work in teams
- Reliable, detail-oriented, and good organizational skills
- Desire to continuously learn and enhance technical and professional skill sets
This is a rewarding opportunity to work at one of the top architectural lighting design firms in the Midwest. Morrissey Engineering has won numerous national lighting design awards as well as has the only two IALD professionals in the State.
To find out more about joining our team, please send your resume to: email@example.com