Join the diverse team of design professionals at Morrissey Engineering and become part of an organization of innovative engineering consultants who design comfortable, efficient, technology integrated buildings.
Low Voltage Designer
Morrissey Engineering is seeking a Low Voltage Designer. The successful candidate will collaborate with engineering team members to create building low voltage technology designs including telecommunications, security, and audio-visual systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop low voltage technology system design documents using AutoCAD, Revit for commercial construction projects. Telecommunications design includes IT room layouts, rack configurations, cabling pathways, and cabling infrastructure. Security design includes access control systems, video surveillance systems, and intrusion detection systems. Audio Visual design includes AV rack layouts, sound reinforcement systems, video display systems, and AV controls.
- Review shop drawings and other construction correspondence
- Visit job sites for field investigation
- Interact with clients, team members and other design professionals
- Work on multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of design
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree in drafting technology or related field
- Minimum of 2 years experience in low voltage technology system design for commercial buildings preferred
- Self-motivated and ability to work independently or in teams
- Good oral and written communications skills
- Reliable, detail-oriented, task-oriented, and organized
- Ability to continuously learn and enhance technical and professional skill sets
- BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD), AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) and/or ASIS International Physical Security Professional (PSP) accreditations preferred but not required
This position offers rewarding opportunities for growth for a motivated individual, who is looking for a meaningful role in our industry.
To find out more about joining our team, please send your resume to: email@example.com