Join the diverse team of design professionals at Morrissey Engineering and become part of an organization of innovative engineering consultants who design comfortable, efficient, technology integrated buildings.
Low Voltage Designer
Morrissey Engineering is seeking a Low Voltage Designer for commercial buildings using AutoCAD, Revit and other software tools. The successful candidate will collaborate with Engineering Principals and Project Managers to create building low voltage technology designs including telecommunications, security, and audiovisual systems.
Roles and Responsibilities
- Develop low voltage technology system design documents using AutoCAD, Revit for commercial construction projects. Telecommunications design includes IT room layouts, rack configurations, cabling pathways, and cabling infrastructure. Security design includes access control systems, video surveillance systems, and intrusion detection systems. Audio Visual design includes AV rack layouts, sound reinforcement systems, video display systems, and AV controls.
- Review shop drawings and other construction correspondence.
- Visit job sites for field investigation.
- Interact with other design professionals.
Business and Interpersonal Skills
- Self-motivated, engaged, and able to work in teams.
- Readily offer high-level client service, direction, and ongoing support.
- Reliable, detailed oriented, task-oriented, and organized.
- Desire to continuously learn and enhance technical and professional skill sets.
Associates or Bachelor’s degree in drafting technology or related field.
Minimum of two years experience in low voltage technology system design for commercial buildings.
Attributes include being self-motivated, being able to work independently, having good oral and written communications skills, organizational skills, and having the ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously at various stages of design.
BICSI Registered Communications Distribution Designer (RCDD), AVIXA Certified Technology Specialist (CTS) and/or ASIS International Physical Security Professional (PSP) accreditations preferred but not required.
This position offers rewarding opportunities for growth for a motivated individual, who is looking for a meaningful role in our industry.
To find out more about joining our team, please send your resume to: email@example.com