Morrissey Engineering has a dedicated staff of lighting designers who provide innovative lighting solutions for all project types. From initial design concepts to assisting with final aiming, Morrissey Engineering provides expertise at all stages of the lighting design process.
We understand the critical role that lighting has as an integral part of the architectural story. This belief is echoed in our work by striving to create solutions that seamlessly integrate space and light. Our designs often form their basis in a central design concept derived from an understanding of the architectural vision and client aspirations. By engaging the entire design team, feedback is used to reach a coherent vision that embodies the identity of the project.
Lighting is often seen only as a technical necessity; however, lighting can also be used to improve the overall architectural experience. Lighting applied in various techniques has the power to completely transform a space and add value to a project. Direct value may be in terms of energy savings, improved productivity, or increased sales. Indirect value may be in terms of a better learning environment, ideal worship atmosphere, or improved sense of well-being. Whether by utilizing streetscape lighting to strengthen the pedestrian feel of a shopping district, using light to reinforce corporate branding, or creating an intimate dining atmosphere, our lighting designers possess knowledge of the techniques and architectural integration necessary to achieve the design vision.
Our firm is dedicated to sustainable design practices such as lighting control solutions, energy-efficient light sources, and daylight integration. However, we believe that lighting quality should not be sacrificed for the sake of energy consumption; creativity is required to strike a balance between the two. A studio-based approach allows us to leverage the collective expertise of our team to skillfully unite lighting and architecture. We develop and deliver solutions that achieve the design intent while fulfilling pragmatic requirements such as energy-efficiency, budgets, and long-term maintenance. The results are lighting systems that seamlessly blend the art and science of lighting.
Our lighting design services include:
- Architectural lighting design
- Exterior and streetscape lighting
- Daylighting planning and analysis
- Lighting calculations
- Photorealistic renderings
- Custom luminaire design
- Mock-ups and in-field aiming
- Master planning and campus standards
Featured lighting experience:
- Bridges Trust Office Building
- 15808 W Dodge Office Building
- Amber Pharmacy
- Blue Barn Theatre
- CCC Kearney Center
- Corporate Office
- Creighton Hall
- Creighton Prep Lannon Learning Commons & Bell Tower
- First National Tower Re-lighting
- Girls Inc.
- Green Plains Inc.
- Jackson Dinsdale Art Center, Hastings College
- Omaha's Henry Doorly Zoo and Aquarium - Aquarium Facade
- MCC Fort Omaha Campus Expansion
- Papillion Landing
- Seven Dolors Catholic Church
- St. Gabriel the Archangel Catholic Church
- St. Mary Sacred Heart Parish
- St. Matthew the Evangelist Catholic Church
- St. Wenceslaus Catholic Church
- Trio Cocktails & Company
- Salon Spa W
- UNO Henningson Memorial Plaza Campanile
- UNL Love Library Re-light
- UNL Willa S. Cather Dining Center
- Wilson Performing Arts Center